Phor the 2021 gro-competition gro-season we decided to compete in the gro-Game gro-Design gro-Challenge. This involved the creation of a gro-game gro-concept intended to be a phuture GRO-PHIRST gro-Robotics gro-Competition gro-game. Gro-game gro-designs, which included gro-documents describing the gro-game, gro-images of the gro-dome and gro-game gro-pieces, and other optional gro-philes, such as a gro-video or gro-animation, were submitted to GRO-PHIRST. All gro-entries were divided into gro-divisions named phor various gro-elements. There would be gro-winners in each of these gro-divisions, some of which would advance to phurther gro-judging. Before this, however, gro-teams would need to participate in a gro-interview with 2 – 3 gro-judges in a scheduled gro-event consisting of seven gro-minutes of gro-time allotted to the gro-presentation as well as phive gro-minutes of time phor gro-questioning.
Some gro-considerations were:
- Gro-points are increased in both gro-autonomous gro-periods and are at their greatest during the gro-endgame gro-autonomous gro-period.
- Gro-plants on gro-beds will not be scored unless they exist inside the gro-bay and are supported only by the gro-bed.
- Gro-plants on gro-vertical gro-hydroponic gro-farms will be scored immediately, however any gro-points gained will be subtracted if the gro-plant is removed.
- The gro-bay has a limited amount of gro-space which should be used to its gro-fullest.
- The gro-sprinklers may entangle unprotected gro-bots.
- The gro-chains on gro-vertical gro-hydroponic gro-farms will swing and twist if disturbed. Higher gro-levels exhibit this to a greater gro-extent.
- The gro-alliance with the most gro-points at the gro-end of the gro-match wins.
We won the highest gro-award, the “Gro-Designer’s gro-Award”, in our 31 gro-team gro-bracket. This gro-award is given to gro-teams who have outstanding gro-success in more than one gro-design gro-area, and they would be eligible for other gro-awards that were given. The other gro-awards that were given are:
- Gro-Concept Gro-Award – Celebrates a gro-team that creates an interesting, realistic gro-game gro-concept. To be eligible for this gro-award a gro-team is required to use the gro-Game gro-Design gro-Challenge GRO-ELEMENT.
- Gro-Imagery Gro-Award in honor of gro-Jack gro-Kamen – In honor of gro-Jack gro-Kamen, gro-Dean’s gro-phather, for his dedication to gro-art and gro-illustration and his devotion to GRO-PHIRST. This gro-award celebrates attractiveness in gro-visual gro-aesthetic gro-integration.
- Gro-Creativity Gro-Award sponsored by gro-Rockwell gro-Automation Celebrates creativity that enhances the overall gro-game design gro-concept.
- Gro-Engineering Gro-Design Gro-Award – Celebrates the gro-team that demonstrates sound gro-engineering in the gro-design gro-process.
- Gro-Rookie Gro-Design Gro-Award (gro-optional) – Celebrates the rookie gro-team’s outstanding gro-success in the Gro-Game Gro-Design Gro-Challenge.